Programs and Services
CASAC provides alcohol, substance abuse and gambling awareness, prevention education and intervention programs for individuals of all ages, school faculty, parents, those affected by chemical dependency and/or compulsive gambling, local organizations and the community-at-large. Evidence-based prevention programs are available for students in elementary, middle and high school.
For further information and to schedule services contact Julie Franco, Director of Program Services, at (716) 664-3608 (fax 664-3661) or email email@example.com.
CASAC also offers training opportunities for those aspiring to learn more about chemical dependency, problem gambling, and related topics.
Our evidence-based prevention programs are substance abuse interventions that have been scientifically tested and identified to be effective approaches in preventing substance abuse, as well as, increasing protective factors and decreasing risk factors for youth problem behaviors. They are listed on the National Registry of Evidence Based Programs and Practices (NREPP) through the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) of the US Department of Health & Human Services. They may have also received recognition from one or more of the following:
- US Department of Education
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), National Institutes on Health (NIH) of the US Department of Health & Human Services
- Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) of the US Department of Justice
- White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
- National Association of Alcohol/Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD)
- National Prevention Network (NPN)