Drinking Driver Program (DDP)
The New York State Drinking Driver Program is an educational and rehabilitative program designed for motorists who have been convicted of alcohol and other drug-related driving offenses. This program is voluntary, although a judge may convict and impose a conditional/rehabilitative model consisting of a minimum of sixteen hours of classroom activity. This seven week course (16 hours) focuses on alcohol education, decision making and traffic safety, with the goal of fostering behavior changes which will result in reduction of repeated drinking and driving. Participants are also screened for substance abuse problems and referred for evaluation and treatment, if necessary.
Drinking Driver Class Schedule
Classes are held at the following locations. There are seven sessions for each class which are held once per week for seven weeks. All sessions start promptly at 6:30pm. The first, second and last session will end at 8:30pm. The other sessions will end at 9:00pm.
Beginning October 21, 2014
The LoGuidice Educational Center
9520 Fredonia-Stockton Rd.
Fredonia, NY 14063
Map and directions
Beginning November 13, 2014
The Hewes Educational Center
2615 N. Maple Ave.
Ashville, NY 14710
Map and directions
For further information, contact Drinking Driver Program Director Kathleen J. Stornes at email@example.com or call (716) 664-3608.
Eligibility to participate in the program is determined by the Department of Motor Vehicles. If a motorist chooses not to participate, they will not eligible again for the program or a conditional license for the next five years. Upon completion of the program, rehabilitation and treatment (if indicated) and any other restrictions as determined by DMV, full driving privileges may be returned. Most drivers who attend the DDP classes are granted limited driving privileges through a Conditional License until their full licenses are restored.
The current cost of the program is $225.00 which includes the educational component, workbooks and other materials. Payment is due prior to the beginning of the first class and must be in the form of a money order or certified check.
- A motorist does not need to attend the DDP program in the county of conviction.
- Out-of-state license holders seeking to enroll in the New York State program, should contact their state of issuance to ensure reciprocity.
- DMV relicensing requirements are described on the Department of Motor Vehicles web site.
- Specific inquires about relicensing should be directed to the DMV Driver Improvement Bureau at (518) 474-0774.
- For more information please read the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Drinking Driver Program brochure, listed under “DMV Publications” on the DMV Site Map.
- Information about Alcohol and Drug Driving Violations can be found here.
All participants must register for the Drinking Driver Program through the Department of Motor Vehicles located at:
Department of Motor Vehicles
110 East Fourth Street
Jamestown, NY 14701